“Khoj Project was an attempt to strengthen the health related structure; community organization; to work as more effective change agents, implementers and the confluence of backward and forward linkages; and, to ensure the success of health along with development programmes in an integrated manner. The strategy of the project was to empower people to demand resources from the state”.
An Integrated Health & Development Approach
- Khoj Project
The project was implemented in 25 selected villages of Ashapur and Kakradah Primary Health Centres (PHC) of Maheshwar block in Khargone district with support from the Voluntary Health Association of India (VHAI) during the period 2004 to 2007.
Main activities of the project were:
- to promote positive health practices among underprivileged section of the society through awareness, training and services,
- to improve socio-economic status of the people, particularly women, through vocational training, SHG formation and other income generation activities
- to ensure community participation in identification, maintenance and sustenance of local community and natural resources.
- Convergence of different services for health promotion demonstrated
- Different components supportive to health promotion integrated with development programmes.
- Support of other line department ensured for health promotion.